Sunday, March 23, 2008

Embarrassment

Mostly I work in complete solitude.


Strange hours of the night or beautiful Saturdays when everyone else is trying to wrest some leisure out of their weekend.


I listen to my ipod. Sometimes I try to work out harmony parts to my own songs. Other people's songs too. Not just vocal lines either; interesting instrumental ideas that I hear in my head. Sometimes I will slip one ear off of my headphones and concentrate and listen and sing out some little bit.


I am more likely to belt out something that I am pretty sure won't work. A peculiar interval or jagged melody line. Something weird. Gotta hear it out loud. "No. That wouldn't work" But sometimes it does.


But it is only when I am singing the most stratospherically high and warbly parts. Totally wordless and tremulously nonsensical. That is when I will turn a corner and find a slightly alarmed doctor in my building.


This has happened like three times in the past month.


Also, I submitted this picture to the basenji rescue people for inclusion in their calender.


Unstaged (you can't make a basenji stage anything).So sweet, it could put you into a sugar coma.

1 comment:

MintyJ said...

Wow! That's really cute.