Thursday, January 31, 2008

Misc Music




Do you remember last fall when I was going on that I was going to start my own record label? Remember that you thought that it was a fine idea but a bit ambitious? "That's a lot more work than he thinks. When will he have time for that? I don't see that coming off at all."
Well, your lack of faith in me is disheartening but accurately placed. But I am happy to report that you are right for the wrong reasons.
That is because just as I was formulating my plan Blake contacted us and wanted to put our album on his superb Austin Texas label, Miscellaneous Music. Now we bask in the reflected glory of folks like Jad Fair, Daniel Johnston, Blake's own band Aliens and many more (go check it out!)
Much easier that way, no?

3 comments:

Timothy Donavan Russell said...

Congrats! And wow, they gave you great and, I think, accurate write-up! Some fellow interesting looking artists there...

major sensible said...

Congrats. "Thought, rationality, and truth"? What happened to pettiness, vindictiveness, and complaint? Too much Bertrand. Russell, not enough Smiths. Here's a B.R. qoute for you: "Life is nothing but a competition to be the criminal rather than the victim."

Mr. Smith said...

That sounds more like graffiti from Paris 68.